After 17 years as a building banner in World Club Land (WCL), our GIS sign was removed this month. About 50 people joined the quiet ceremony, to watch the sign retired and pray.
- Since being called “Grace Academy International” in 1997, our Mission Statement has always been “To provide an integrated education from a Christian worldview, so students can face the challenges of today’s world.
- Colossians 2:8 remains our inspiration: “See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.” (ESV)
- In fall of 1999—the first term—169 students began classes, representing 36 organizations and parents serving in seven countries.
- In 2001 God enabled purchase of the WCL facility and nine acres for 350 students.
- On Aug. 27, 2004 the new primary building was dedicated; students sang the Thai national anthem for families, local police, and dignitaries, followed by prayers in English, Thai, and Korean.
- In summer of 2016 Grace vacated WCL, after 17 years on the site.
- Now sharing a Thai school campus (for two years before construction), 85 foreign and 71 Thai staff serve 542 students—including 49 home schooled. Parents from 37 nations serve with 95 organizations, working in more than 12 countries of the “10-40 Window.”
The GIS Board of Trustees still agrees with founding visionary Gene Foltz: “…when you give to this work, you keep missionaries on the field. Grace needs prayers and finances to educate children, so the parents can reach all of SE Asia.”
Please continue to pray for Gospel outreach, student discipleship, God’s direction, new campus funds, wisdom developing property, and unified staff.
“Grace doesn’t only say they’re a Christian school; they act like it,” said student Megan Bodeutsch 16 years ago.